Menu

Members Rides

Ghetto Cruiser

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 10:25:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks for the new forum.  (Read 1651 times)

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
Thanks for the new forum.
« on: January 27, 2008, 01:06:02 PM »
  Just wanted to thank our hosts for the great new forum. Its way better than the older message system. Three reasons I bought my new Bullet:
    1.The support available on this forum, not only from our hosts, but from each other. Everyone here seems really helpful. No big ego problems,lots of patience to new members/owners, etc.
    2.I have one of the best dealers about 45 minutes away; Vince's. And he contributes here also and reads the messages and answers questions.
    3.The bikes!! I had been hesitant to buy a new Enfield Bullet due to the research I had done for some years now.For one thing, they are pretty rare here.Earlier bikes had some reliability problems etc. But I always thought the Bullets were a great concept, and a fantastic looking machine.There were many bikes like these when I started riding some 47 years ago.I still think The Bullets are maybe the best looking motorcycles out there to this day-but then I'm an old geezer (54).I took the plunge and bought one and I'm glad I did.

Jon in Puyallup, Wa. USA
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

Thumper

• Psalm 23
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Classic Wannabe
Re: Thanks for the new forum.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 03:29:56 PM »
I couldn't agree more!

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
Ditto, This forum is about as close as I'm likely to get to meeting fellow RE owners. We're pretty sparse in these parts.

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »
I just joined the forum recently.  I had no idea it was very new, I thought it had been around for a while.  Now I see the forum rules and such were posted like last June or so. 

I think this forum has and will provide a great source of information for Bullet riders, and may well help non-Bullet riders to make the move.  The forum is very good for everone involved including our host Classic Motorworks.  I know I have learned a great deal in a very short time about my new 65 by reading here.

Thanks to our hosts and to all who post here.

Fred
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

deejay

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 11:47:29 AM »
I just joined the forum recently.  I had no idea it was very new, I thought it had been around for a while.  Now I see the forum rules and such were posted like last June or so. 

Fred

Fred, this is what the old forum looked like...

http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/archive/messages/

LJRead

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:48:54 AM »
Many of you know how much I enjoy myself here on the forum, so many posts and my bike only came in yesterday.  I am really out of touch with the world down here in the South Pacific, and the forum is helping a lot.  I also appreciate all the advice including that of Vince, Dew, Thumper and others.  I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

Again, thanks,

Larry

fredgold52

• Grease Monkey
  • Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:00:46 PM »
I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

Again, thanks,

Larry

Amen to that!
2006 '65' and a 200cc Stella, Indian all the way

birdmove

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 02:48:09 PM »
I used to read the old message board too, but most of the time there were no replys, and no way for a viewer to reply to the comment.
This one is way better!
   jon
Jon in Keaau, Hawaii

t120rbullet

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
I think we are all very glad to see any success which goes CMWs way because without our host, there would be virtually no R E America.

And if any of you were into the Enfield scene in the pre. CMW days you know the truth in what Larry is saying. 
The previous importer would disappear for a year or so at a time, which was fine unless  you needed some parts! Heck, it took me 3 yrs to get my 95 military and I really wanted a black deluxe.
Thanks for the forum and the Black Deluxe Kevin.
CJ
1999 Enfield 500 Black Deluxe "Silver"
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5 Classic "G2" "SOLD"
2012 Concours 14 (no name yet)
2013 Royal Star Venture S  "Jelly Roll"

LJRead

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 01:18:39 AM »
Today was the first day of working on the Thunderbird which I uncrated yesterday, and it has given me new insight into how valuable this forum really is.  The bike is somewhat of a mess, to be truthful.  No dipstick, no keys, paint pretty chipped up, speedometer a piece of junk -  all torn apart inside.  Well, you get the picture.  I started in on it about 7:30 this morning and had a great time.  A couple of times I remembered some advice here on the forum, washed up my hands and came in and found the topic.  The dipstick is missing too, so I found out about how much oil I should use, I'll put that in and make my own dipstick until I can obtain one.  I remembered some of Thumper's ideas and got rid of a lot of sheet metal and all gauges, indicator lights, etc.  I'll bet I have a pile weighing about 10 to 15 lbs that I won't be putting back.

What I'm saying is that what I've learned on this forum gave me real confidence, the work went smoothly and I think I may yet make something of the old dog. 

I'm very glad I bought the new one, though.  Then I can keep it up and maybe even improve it and it will be great having something of real value like that.  Having the two bikes, one sort of a fixer upper that I can experiment with, the other more of a classic that I can just maintain, best of both worlds, I guess.

Yep, this forum is very useful.

Larry

LotusSevenMan

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...._[:]@==<
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 01:50:28 AM »
Great site IMHO  ;D

Larry.
That must be sort of fun 'starting from scratch' out of the crate but no so good with all the damaged parts etc  :'(
Good luck with it all.

LSM
If it ain't broke-------------------------- fix it 'till it is!

Royal Enfield Miltary 500cc  (2003)
Honda VTR FireStorm (SuperHawk) 996cc 'V' twin
Kawasaki KR1 250cc twin 'stroker
Ducati 916 'L' twin