HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

REDCON1

in
Members Rides

48 Guests, 2 Users (1 Hidden)
brooksflether
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 25, 2014, 09:03:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: First Experience  (Read 2170 times)

randombikerdude

• USA Rider
  • Scooter
First Experience
« on: January 27, 2011, 09:17:47 PM »
I'm a fairly new RE order and placed an order on the 16th, my order has been "processing" since. I didn't receive any communication. I wonder if my order got lost in the snow storms in the east.

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
Re: First Experience
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:12 PM »
Have you called the dealer that you placed the order with ?
I can break it better,,,,at night, in the rain, on the trail,, 20 miles from nowhere.

REA #136

"TIMEX", the '06 Iron Barrel Military that takes me everywhere I want to go... and some places I shouldn't.

randombikerdude

• USA Rider
  • Scooter
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 10:05:29 PM »
CMW

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:47:28 PM »
I would give em a call..  Usually they are really good about shipping things quick,  maybe its on back order..
Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Theres a last time for everything
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 01:31:24 AM »
I feel your pain, I've had an order "processing" since Jan 14. Sent an email just to find the status last week, still no answer. My experience has been that these things take time. Give it another week then call, that's what I'm doing.

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
Well, just for the record, my order came 1 day after the post. But, there was no shipping email notification, tracking, etc.
So it's a surprise. 

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »
These days modern businesses respond with tracking numbers for shipping and estimated delivery dates. For an order to be "processing" for a week or more is not smart. People have been spoiled by Amazon, Ebay and other online businesses. I don't even have the patience to wait for Netflix to send me discs. I want it to stream to me NOW!

So where's my order? I have to call? "Hello, operator. Please connect me with the five and dime down in Mount Pilot!" How 20th century.

Superchuck

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 04:43:19 PM »
I tried calling during standard working hours (PST) to inquire about my seemingly lost order but no answer on the other end.  I then emailed the contact and haven't heard back... I was polite and also entuned that I'm a new electra owner and will be placing many many orders in the future.  No response.  I know it's a tiny operation, but after receiving the 'order processing' email twenty days ago I'd at least like to know that my first order ever with them isn't lost.   ???

Maybe try calling again today?  we'll see...

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 09:17:18 PM »
Evidently they are not reading their own "Store Feedback" . Really , how much time does it take to send an e- mail ? Or read one for that matter......for money...

PartsMan

• I Eat Breathe & Sleep R.E. PARTS!
  • Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:45:16 PM »
Where are you guys sending your emails to? We are open 9-5 central time to answer any questions you may have. Our system automatically sends out tracking (if shipped UPS) and back order emails. If you are not getting them we either have the wrong email address on your account, or there is a problem on your end.

Ordering from a dealer is a second option.

UncleErnie

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 11:32:04 PM »
Why would that be an option?  It's just going to get to his shop and then he has to re-ship it to my house.  He's still ordering from the same place.
Run what ya brung

The Garbone

• Shade Tree
  • Grand Gearhead
  • User Complaints: 22
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2011, 12:42:48 AM »
Where are you guys sending your emails to? We are open 9-5 central time to answer any questions you may have. Our system automatically sends out tracking (if shipped UPS) and back order emails. If you are not getting them we either have the wrong email address on your account, or there is a problem on your end.

Ordering from a dealer is a second option.
Bzzz,  nope..

I did not get a shipping notice (was usps)  from my last order..Got most of my orders but the cams were on back order but did not get an email about the back order.. Sent an email asking about the cams 2 days ago to: [email protected]
No reply as of yet.

I love you guys, but you might have email issues. 

Not too worried bout the cams as I won't need em til June at the earliest.

Gary
57' RE Crusader 250
67' Ford Mustang
74' Catalina 27 "Knot a Clew"
95 RE Ace Clubman 535
01 HD 1200 Custom
07 RE 5spd HaCK

* all actions described in this post are fictional *

PartsMan

• I Eat Breathe & Sleep R.E. PARTS!
  • Administrator
  • Bulleteer
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2011, 04:10:45 PM »
Bzzz,  nope..

I did not get a shipping notice (was usps)  from my last order..Got most of my orders but the cams were on back order but did not get an email about the back order.. Sent an email asking about the cams 2 days ago to: [email protected]
No reply as of yet.

I love you guys, but you might have email issues. 

Not too worried bout the cams as I won't need em til June at the earliest.

Gary,
Your cams should be leaving today.

olhogrider

• Black C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2012 C5
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:05 PM »
People kept saying "call them" so I did. Good thing too. Found out my order was back ordered. Going through the dealer. That is usually my first step. It will be from now on.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 03:59:14 AM »
On the 15th (3 days ago) I ordered a luggage, luggage  and an oil filter kit for my new G5.   I promptly received an E-Mail telling me my order had been placed and giving me my order number.

While ordering, I noticed that the oil filter kits were sold out.

I have received no further information about the status of my order which brings me to my question.

Do they hold up the entire order while waiting for an item that is not available at the moment to come in?

I'm asking because my insurance company covers accessories and wants a picture of my bike by May 26th.  I was wanting to have the luggage rack and luggage mounted before taking the  picture for them.

With fingers crossed hoping they will send the items that are in stock soon I await your answer.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary