HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Bullets up the fantastic Chamba Valley, North India

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 01, 2014, 06:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Electra  (Read 7190 times)

scoTTy

• Grand Gearhead
Re: Electra
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 01:53:27 AM »
hee. hee,, yep two wrenches in one hand and one in the other..  slippage abundent..

hmmm. but I wear a size 12 shoe.. my foot would get in the way.. ;D

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 02:09:46 AM »
hee. hee,, yep two wrenches in one hand and one in the other..  slippage abundent..

hmmm. but I wear a size 12 shoe.. my foot would get in the way.. ;D
LOL Sounds like you are lucky in one department but messes you up in another. Bummer, I think.    Hutch
You learn from your mistakes, and I have LEARNED a lot.

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 10:43:08 PM »
I just bought a 2000 W650.

The Royal Enfield/W650 combo seems to be popular duo.  I have a 2001 Dubya that had 1732 miles on it when I got it.  It is my ride when I travel longer distances with other people.  If I'm alone or with someone that isn't in a hurry it's the REB (Royal Enfiled Bullet).
  Any other REB/Dubya owners out there?
Leonard, how do you like the W650. I Have never rode one, only window shopped in 2000. I have rode a lot of different bikes in 40+ years. It seems it would be about the same as a original stock 60-70's Triumph, but slightly heavier. Over the years I have also heard all different mpg reports. What are your likes and dislikes? Once I get mine I will be able to compare your answers with my experience.    Hutch   

Luoma, I know what you mean. I have to run up town and get pack of smokes and I would love to take the Bullet, but I won't get my pushrod adjuster until next week(I hope), so its take the 550 lb.120 hp bike. I would rather ride the RE. It's only been a week it's been down and I think I am going through withdrawls. That never happened with any of the other bikes I have ever owned in 40yrs.    Hutch
   Finaly, I got my pushrod adjuster installed and took SNKIZ(Green classic) for a ride. I have plenty of other bikes, including the Kawasaki W650 I just picked up in WI, but I sure did miss my RE. No more withdrawls.     Hutch

luoma

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 01:45:35 AM »
Hutch, what is a pushrod adjuster? I have an Electra and adjust them with a couple wrenches. Is there a better way?

hutch

• Grease Monkey
  • Til death do us part
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 02:00:57 AM »
Hutch, what is a pushrod adjuster? I have an Electra and adjust them with a couple wrenches. Is there a better way?
The pusgrod adjuster is the part on the pushrod that you adjust with the wrenches to make the pushrod longer or shorter to adjust the valve clearance. I don't know if that is what RE calls them, but Harley does, cause they are exactly the same set up on the older Harleys.   Hutch