HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Compact Saddle Bags for G5

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 31, 2014, 12:36:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cafe' Racer
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: More fun than my Hayabusa- instead of 80 feeling like 40, 40 feels like 80, and I get to keep my license!
Picture Stats:
Views: 1408
Posted by: royalviking August 07, 2009, 01:14:15 AM

Rating: ***** by 7 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
bullethead63
Grand Gearhead

"Run what ya brung..." Paul Saint Clair

View Profile
January 04, 2010, 03:06:06 PM
BREATHTAKING...I'll bet that she gets lots of comments...Happy Motoring!
royalviking
Neophyte

View Profile
September 05, 2009, 02:36:34 AM
Yes, you can find them in the Royal Enfield Online Store... and the bar-end mirrors were just inexpensive basic black ones from Cycle-Gear, found them for like 30 bucks U.S... They actually work great, and are about a hundred less than some fancy ones I was looking at online.  Also, if you look close, the Right Rear lower Shock Nut had vibrated off... found very strange thread patterns and detective work needed to find right fitment... I now regularly use a spanner before rides, and use Locktite on a couple nuts, especially after almost having my exhaust come off!...lol... It's all part of the fun though...Cheers!
boggy
Grand Gearhead

Karma Ultra: 7

View Profile
September 05, 2009, 01:52:51 AM
That is just awesome.  Good for you man.  The number plate is fantastic.

So they are RE bars... but not Ace bars, correct?  And how about those mirrors too?

Very, very nice ride.  It looks amazing.
royalviking
Neophyte

View Profile
August 09, 2009, 01:33:57 PM
I don't know how the fairing would fit- all I can relate to is this- what you see here took a "LOT" of fabricating to make work... It was not "bolt-on out of the box"!... and according to Encore Performance, even the different R.E. models accept their hop-up parts differently...   The beauty is, virtually every attempt at a custom cafe-type bike is a one-of-a-kind!...  
Bullet Bill
Scooter

View Profile
August 09, 2009, 08:18:54 AM
Is this setup compatible with the cafe fairing at the Enfield Store?  Or does that require ace bars or similar?
Porkchop
Scooter

View Profile
August 08, 2009, 02:57:21 PM
Very nice looking bike. It looks fast just sitting still!
royalviking
Neophyte

View Profile
August 07, 2009, 10:32:59 PM
Thanks!... They're actually Royal Enfield Bars...  It was hard finding any clip-ons to clear the tank, so even though these aren't very radical, they do work, and create a comfortible riding position...  My favorite mod was shedding the black twinkie pegs- I found Harley made these billet pegs with proper male ends- I only had to grind them down a bit to fit with my dremel tool.
Bullet Bill
Scooter

View Profile
August 07, 2009, 07:28:46 AM
Very cool mods, keeping just enough of the original parts to complement the cafe racer kit.  I like that you left the stock front end alone in this case.  But what bars did you use?  They're not stock, and they're not clip-ons or ace bars... are those the late 1950's handlebars from hitchcocks?