HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My new baby

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 24, 2014, 02:04:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Royal Ride 1
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: 2006 Bullet 65es Classic
British 60's Exhaust, K&N AirFilter,Adjust.Sidestand, Chrome Mudguards, Solo Seat
Picture Stats:
Views: 4379
Keywords: Classic Motorcycle Royal Enfield Bullet 65 
Posted by: royalrider_cj April 05, 2008, 10:56:25 PM

Rating: ***** by 6 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
August 18, 2008, 03:01:54 PM
Nice ride. I like the fly screen. Can you tell me about it?
bob bezin
Grand Gearhead

I ride therefore I am.

View Profile
March 31, 2008, 07:16:54 PM
charley hope to see you at the next cmw ralley
royalrider_cj
Neophyte

2006 Bullet Sixty-5

View Profile
December 23, 2007, 09:54:24 PM
Thanks, FredGold52.  The exhaust is from Classic Motorworks catalog - "This classic is a beautiful high-quality exhaust system made in the UK. Itís period-correct to the ones installed on some Royal Enfield Motorcycles in the 60's." - Product code: Z91040.
fredgold52
Grease Monkey

Macomb, IL Flatlands Rule

View Profile
December 23, 2007, 09:02:27 PM
Great looking 65.  Can't wait until I can go pick mine up.  What sort of pipe is that?
royalrider_cj
Neophyte

2006 Bullet Sixty-5

View Profile
November 28, 2007, 03:35:07 PM
Hi Steve.  So far the K&N Pancake Filter from CMW is working great on my stock 28MM carb.  I bought Sixty-5 in August with 178 mi on it and rode it carefully to 1250 mi with no changes other than a larger main jet and re-tune.  Oil was changed at 500 and 1000 mi.  The bike was wonderful to ride  most if the time but would always falter against a 20+ mi/hr headwind. Working with my local dealer, we installed breather modification kit, British 60's exhaust, duckbill, and re-jetted carb to 130 main jet and 30 pilot jet - all from CMW who have been great to work with (and only 28 miles away).  I chose the pancake filter because it fills the visual hole which is left by removing OEM filter.
After all that, the answer to your question is that I used a plain old 1" - 90 degree PVC elbow to mount the filter.  I wrapped the outside with black plastic tape, and used the original rubber mounting to the carb.  Everything  fits together snuggly with the existing clamps.
The temperature yesterday AM was 14 degrees so my riding days are nearly over, but I now have 1368 miles on my Bullet Sixty-5 and it has really been great to ride.  I have gained 6-7 mph in the top end "happy spot" and hills/headwinds do not affect me.  The exhaust note is low, mellow, and wonderful.  I have to be careful because I get caught up in listening.  The spark plug is the magic brown color and the performance so far is exactly what I want.  Warmer weather will affect that so will have wait and see.  Thanks for the interest and here's wishing you great enjoyment with your Bullet Sixty-5!

Charlie Johnson
stipa
Grease Monkey

View Profile
November 28, 2007, 08:30:07 AM
Nice bike,  looks kinda like mine though!!
Especially like that sidedraft pancake filter.  How did you scheme that in there like that?  I'd like to see what you did for the elbow.

thanks, SteveJay