HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Bullet 500 carries a .577Snider-Enfield

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 03:37:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

'93 350
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: And now it GOES! And looks better!
Picture Stats:
Views: 4166
Posted by: dave48 September 26, 2007, 06:42:33 PM

Rating: ***** by 4 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
dave48
Scooter

View Profile
October 25, 2007, 08:53:01 PM
Thank you for the kind words IndianaB!

A couple of thoughts for when you mod your '99. The trials specific rear mudguard/fender mount will make for a cleaner looking back end than on mine. As will a different rear light/number plate. Also, the seat on mine is I think set too far forward (the frame doesn't have the welded on bracket and so the previous owner bolted a mounting into place - the wrong place I suspect!).

The standard trial bars are also slightly higher than the unknowns fitted to mine.

But hey, I like it!
RagMan
Bulleteer, Uralist &
Grand Gearhead

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2007, 03:09:49 PM
That bike looks great  - I intend to have my '99 looking like like that when I have the '08 one in the stable.
dave48
Scooter

View Profile
September 28, 2007, 07:50:14 AM
More "thanks"!
The pipe (with heat shield, though I suspect that that doesn't make a great deal of difference) hasn't given me any "comfort" problems.
More problematic is getting it passed for road use: even with a mute fitted I think I was lucky with a sympathetic MoT tester!
jonapplegate
Grand Gearhead

you stand tall when you stoop to help

View Profile
September 28, 2007, 07:05:38 AM
I love the look of your bike. love the look of that trial pipe! Does it burn your leg?

Jon  [email protected]
dave48
Scooter

View Profile
September 27, 2007, 08:43:32 AM
Thank you! I think that '50s-'60s ISDT bikes are the best looking machines there are, so I guess that that is an influence!
Not actually a "road" - a bridleway. Road vehicles not allowed - so I went only far enough to take some photos. Paving for farm tractors I expect.
TRider
Bulleteer

View Profile
September 26, 2007, 08:17:55 PM
Nice looking bike.  Big mirrors, wide handlebars, high exhaust.  Beginning to look enduro.  What about the road?  Appears to be a dirt road that used to be paved with some kind of blocks.  But out in the country?  Interesting.