HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Memorial Day 75 Mile Ride

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 05:13:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

2010 Electra
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Indian model 2010 350cc Electra.  My first bike.  

Note the rocket fin tailpipe, twin horns (sounds like a dump truck coming through your rear window), and lack of mirrors.

Guy I bought it from is confused as to why I want them, but is dutifully sending them on tomorrow.  I mean, they just get in the way of slipping between a bus and an auto-rickshaw and who cares what's going on behind you anyhow??!

Have dreams of modifying it into a real bobber, but for now will live with the excess weight of excess junk and chrome while concentrating on becoming a better rider.
Picture Stats:
Views: 999
Posted by: AgentX January 15, 2011, 04:37:08 PM

Rating: ***** by 2 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
singhg5
Grand Gearhead

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 06:22:04 PM
In India you ride not only by what you see, but also by what you hear from all sides - I mean left, right, behind, front every which way.  Horns are means of communication - that you are about to overtake or telling someone to stay away !
AgentX
Grand Gearhead

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 05:35:48 PM
Yeah, those horns mean business...and I'd sooner ride without a naked than without a horn around here.  Lights in the daytime, or even the night?  Optional.  Mirrors?  No need.  Riding on the correct side of the road?  Why bother??

Use your horn?  Constantly!  The trucks even have "Horn OK Please?" painted on the back...it's considered discourteous NOT to honk!
boggy
Grand Gearhead

Karma Ultra: 7

View Profile
January 15, 2011, 05:14:16 PM
That rocket tail is really cool... and check out those HORNS!