HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My Indian

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 23, 2014, 03:49:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Morphing into a cafe racer
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: Aluminum front fender, Bobbed rear fender, old English tail light. Ace Bars, EFI muffler, angle adapter, rear set pegs, 7" headlight, Dunlop K70 tires, AGM battery, bar end mirrors, smaller turn signals. Now what to do with tank and seat without breaking the bank.
Bare
Picture Stats:
Views: 1030
Posted by: barenekd December 16, 2011, 06:22:01 PM

Rating: ***** by 3 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
Bill Harris
Trail Rider
Grease Monkey

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 07:31:11 PM
Bare,

Looking good!  Five stars from me.  :-)

Royal Enfield people are good people.

Cheers,
Bill
barenekd
Grand Gearhead

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2011, 06:21:22 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the seat. The rear loop for the seat mount is really the problem. It's too wide for most of my ideas. I can saw it off and weld a tapered loop back there so as to retain the fender mounts. I originally want just a tapered seat section back there, but it would look weird keeping the width. Thinning the rear foam down making it look a lot lower would be a possibility. I'm not really concerned with passenger seating. I'm not sure which way to go at this point.
boggy
Grand Gearhead

Karma Ultra: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:11:54 PM
And I also wanted to say I think how you shortened the rear fender looks PERFECT.  It's a really nice line - much more so than the factory line, I believe.  I'm really itching to follow suit.
boggy
Grand Gearhead

Karma Ultra: 7

View Profile
December 18, 2011, 04:08:53 PM
Since we seem to be heading down similar roads style wise, I wanted to try a triumph-style flat bench seat.  Just a few inches of padding.  I think it might run into issues lining up right, considering the rear fender sits high.  But I think that could look really cool.  Just flat.  Maybe there passenger part is gutted underneath to be barely anything.  I only carry on occasion.  You think you'll retain a passenger spot?  That'll make difference on your direction.