HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

c500

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 02:53:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not a Stock Electra-X!
Previous Image | Next Image
Description: I had a play with my Electra's looks, and thought it might look nice dressed as a 1956 Indian Woodsman.  I ran it like this for a year or so.
Picture Stats:
Views: 2078
Keywords: Woodsman 
Posted by: Adrian November 06, 2007, 08:18:21 PM

Rating: ***** by 3 members.

Image Linking Codes
BB Code
BB Thumbnail Image Code
Direct Link

Comments
Adrian
Bulleteer

View Profile
November 06, 2012, 09:31:00 PM
Chris,

that is the stock RE Electra-X seat, I think the same design is still fitted to some of the current EFI range. Mine is now over seven years old and starting to crack a bit round the seams. Not sure what its eventual replacement will look like. The bike has also now has a black and chrome tank, but still looks OK even with signs of use and abuse...

Regards,

A.
Chris Desi
Neophyte

View Profile
November 05, 2012, 03:26:37 AM
could you tell us the brand/make of the seat? Thanks and great looking bike
Adrian
Bulleteer

View Profile
March 14, 2008, 04:23:40 PM
Jon,

that's the pipe for the Indian badged Woodsman, a 1950's export version of the Bullet sold in the US markets, it's a one piece item (modified slightly to work with the Electra-X head but not lengthened). The trials pipe is shorter and has a tighter radius bend where it exits the cylinder head.  The muffler is a genuine RE (India) item but very similar to the one sold here. If you do a parts search on this site for Woodsman several numbers come up for exhaust pipes, so you should be able to get one. As I live in the UK I bought my pipe from Hitchcock's,  while the muffler was from an eBay supplier.

Hope this helps

A.
jonapplegate
Grand Gearhead

you stand tall when you stoop to help

View Profile
March 12, 2008, 08:26:23 PM
tell us about the pipe. It is the trials pipe and a shorty muffler. Is it lenghthened?