HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My bike

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2014, 11:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My New Plan  (Read 9948 times)

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
Re: My New Plan
« Reply #150 on: November 16, 2014, 10:04:48 PM »
will it be "right-side-up"?   ;)

I like the option to go inverted, just in case there's a MiG around.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in racing or performance Bullets
« Reply #151 on: November 16, 2014, 11:13:09 PM »
I like it alongside the tach.
Home of the ACE Fireball 535 Bullet,  Ace GP Hi-Lift Roller Rocker Head . Pistons, cams, etc. Highest performance Bullet engine mods available .  AVL mods. Redditch 700/750 Twin mods. UCE kit soon.

Please visit my new website:
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AcePerformanceBullets/info

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2014, 07:10:18 AM »
I am asking my machinist to knock together a simple clamp to mount it to the fork leg, and probably tuck it up high next to the tach.

barenekd

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2014, 09:31:01 PM »
I always wondered how those two planes didn't remove some rudders in that maneuver! Dumb s%*t movies.
Bare
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2011 Black Classic G5 (RIP)
I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death
http://www.controllineplans.com

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »
I always wondered how those two planes didn't remove some rudders in that maneuver! Dumb s%*t movies.
Bare

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2014, 05:43:44 PM »
In other news, progress-wise:

Headlamp mounted, and I wired a toggle in for the main power relay, and put a daylight-visible LED behind the little blue indicator light (originally planned to be exterior, but it was just too bright and would be way too bright for night use); the light will illuminate when main power is on.  Anti-theft will be taken care of via a switch arrangement elsewhere.  No key.  Electrical work is much more fun now that I have lots of spare crimp connectors, proper tools, and good adhesive heat shrink.

Header pipe is being problematic.  It would only pound in partway, building a ridge of aluminum from the head as it went in at two tight spots, yet was really loose except the those two tight spots. Thought the pipe was football shaped but it actually seems to be the head opening.  I have an expander and am gradually trying to bring the port and the pipe to the same size and shape using wet-dry paper and some dead reckoning.  The front bracket also seems too short, so I will probably cut off the front mounting hole tab, pop-rivet a longer piece of aluminum alongside the remains of the metal bracket, and bend/drill the aluminum to fit.  Then mounting the muffler tucked behind the rearsets becomes the next challenge.

Speedo will likely go in a bracket that mounts to the fork stanchion, placed next to the tach, but with the top bezel even-ish with the fork crown.

Got some aluminum stock to start making brackets and such, and some more basic supplies.

Think I have to re-make the throttle cable, as this one's got zero slack even with the adjusters totally backed out.

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #156 on: November 24, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
Electrics tray shaping up

From the tray, there will be a wire run on the left for bar switch and gauges, and oneon the right for ki, front brake, and headlamp power.  Everything else except the rear brake switch is inside the tray.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
  • Go Fast & Look Good Doing It
« Reply #157 on: November 24, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »
I like the electric tray.  I might have to steal that idea from you.
Scottie J
Denver, CO

1958 Enfield/Indian Trailblazer

AgentX

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2014, 10:14:48 PM »
I like the electric tray.  I might have to steal that idea from you.

Only one detail is top secret.  :D