HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

Racer!

in
Members Rides

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2015, 12:43:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: More electrical issues .  (Read 128 times)

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
More electrical issues .
« on: March 26, 2015, 09:50:32 AM »
I have had my bike on the charger for two days , the device tells me it's full and the battery shows 13 volts ... But it won't activate the relays . I found that with the small red wire that plugs to the larger wire that runs to the starter solenoid attached the voltage drops  approximately one volt vs having it unplugged . This indicates a load but the ignition is off and the kill switch in the off position also. Checking resistance in this condition( red power wire unplugged ) from the red wire to ground shows infinity resistance , and yet there is still a voltage drop of aprox. One volt . Does this happen on anyone else's bike ?
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Re: More electrical issues .
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 06:20:20 PM »
I don't have the diagrams with me today.  Is the rectifier/regulator connected to the battery through that wire ? (the output transistor of the regulator might be leaking)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:23:36 PM by gremlin »
1996 Trophy 1200
2011 RE B5
1979 XS11 w/vetter terraplane
1981 XS11 streetfighter
1983 Venture Royale
1982 CB750K
1971 Triumph Trident
1969 CB450
1966 Sears (puch) 250

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:57:16 PM »
I don't have the diagrams with me today.  Is the rectifier/regulator connected to the battery through that wire ? (the output transistor of the regulator might be leaking)

Yes, the small red wire connects battery to RR.
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

AussieDave

• Grand Gearhead
  • How does this thing work?..Ouch..oh..
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
I just replaced the RR as it was allowing to much current through - more than 20 volts .... I think I May have to go over the loom systematically ...no doubt it will be educational . Wishing this bike was carb fueled and had no complex electrical system ...just a simple kick start ...
"Glorious,stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! ... O bliss ! O poop poop ! Oh my! Oh my!" - Toad of Toad Hall.