HPRE

Menu

Members Rides

My Bullet Finished At Last

in
Members Rides

53 Guests, 0 Users
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 23, 2014, 05:39:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nasty engine noise...please help!  (Read 503 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Re: Nasty engine noise...please help!
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
Doubt it.  That little black spacer on the shaft is what keeps it from falling out when the cover is on.  Just put it back.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2014, 09:36:43 PM »
Something new just happened, my gear lever just slipped completely out of the fork on the rocker shaft assy (if that's the wrong names for that part, I apologize) - see the pictures.
I noticed it was rather loose before but didn't think much of it as I was focused on the cams.  In fact if you look at the original pictures I posted you will see it out a bit of the fork and leaning to the right.  Is there a chance that this has been the problem the whole time? I doubt it, but... Also, I tried to just pop it back into place (with not that much force, this is exploratory surgery after all) and it won't go past the lip of the fork.  On the other side of the bike, the gear shifter is hanging limp and moves when I when I play with the gear lever shaft so it's definitely not broken in the middle.  Any thoughts on any of this? Even if only the best way to put it back in place.

That shift shaft can move in and out.... You probably just disengaged it, no big deal. Just rotate the shaft and reengage the tab on the shaft with the fork.   That's not your noise, it happened at some point when you had the cover off.  You would not have been able to shift the bike before if it was like that.
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

toodles

• Neophyte
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2014, 09:38:27 PM »
That's what I figured, just wishful thinking.

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2014, 09:41:20 PM »
  I hear ya.. ;) 

And DO NOT BE TEMPTED TO HIT THAT ROTOR WITH A HAMMER!  Don't try smacking it at the back or anything..... just light taps down around the shaft in the back with an aluminum wedge. That rotor is a Magnet... and there is no better way to kill that expensive rotating magnet, them to strike it hard with a lump hammer.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:47:42 PM by gashousegorilla »
An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.